Posted: 25 August 2021Apply Now
Honeycomb is delighted to be working in partnership with Belfast Chamber to recruit for a Membership Support Officer. This is a full-time and permanent position.
Belfast Chamber is the voice of business in Belfast. They have been in existence since 1912, and represent more than 700 businesses of all sizes, from all sectors and located in all parts of the city. Belfast Chamber provides a range of support and assistance to its members as well as seeking to influence decision makers to secure Belfast's status as the economic driver for the entire region and also assist the city to reach its full potential.
The primary focus of the Membership Support Officer will be to build and maintain relationships with members and potential new members of Belfast Chamber, help to retain and grow the membership and assist businesses in maximising their membership of Belfast Chamber.
Duties in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* To retain and grow Belfast Chamber membership at target levels as set by the Board in the Annual Business Development Plan;
* To provide a 'point of contact' with Belfast Chamber members across all sectors but with a particular emphasis on retail, hospitality, tourism and leisure members;
* To encourage all members to increase their involvement with Belfast Chamber including attending events, sponsoring events, contributing to policy working groups etc;
* To market and facilitate the delivery of membership services by providing information and support to members on how to access the benefits available to them;
* To ensure all members are contacted regularly in line with agreed member contact targets and manage the information and any necessary follow-up;
* To attend events in order to meet Belfast Chamber members and encourage retention and growth;
* To produce, analyse and act on data, as requested by the Chief Executive or Head of Business Operations, on membership;
* To support the Administration and Finance Officer where required with the management of member's accounts
* To record all contact activity with members and keep the database up to date with any amendments;
* To help raise the profile of Belfast Chamber including through the production of content for social media and e-newsletters;
* To actively seek, and highlight to colleagues, leads and opportunities for commercial income e.g. sponsorship;
* To assist in building and maintaining relationships with Belfast Chamber's key stakeholders; and
* To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
* Substantial experience in building and maintaining customer relationships
* Strong organisational skills
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Packages
* Ability to work collaboratively and individually
* Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer care skills
* Strong networking and presentation skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills suited to a wide range of audiences
* Marketing/digital & social media marketing experience
* Energy and commitment to achieve defined goals
* Ability to be flexible, focused and driven and work on own initiative but also within a small but dedicated team
* Ability to work on own initiative, manage own time, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
* 5 GCSEs to include English and Maths (C Grade and above)
* Degree qualified
* Available to work outside normal hours
* Experience of working within a membership organisation
* Knowledge and experience in working with a range of business sectors including Business Services, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sectors
* An understanding of the Belfast business environment
* A passion for Belfast and desire to see our city succeed
The salary for this role is £20,000 - £22,000 (Dependent on experience), and offers excellent personal development opportunities.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Louise Quinn, Professional Services Manager at Honeycomb on 028 96207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications at present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Share this job: