5 Benefits of working in the Public Sector
– By David McClure
I had the privilege of working in the Public Sector for several years, and I can say without hesitation that it was one of the best experiences of my career.
The sense of purpose and impact that I felt in my role was amazing. I was part of an organisation that was making a difference in people’s lives, and that gave me a great sense of public service to the wider community.
The supportive working environment was great along with the opportunities for professional growth and development that I received. I will always be grateful for my time in the Public Sector and would highly recommend a career in this field to anyone who wants to make a meaningful impact in their community.
Just like any sector, there are many great benefits of working in the Public Sector, particularly in Northern Ireland. Many people don’t realise the full potential of the Public Sector and what it has to offer.
Below I have outlined 5 great benefits about working in the Public Sector.
1. Lots of job opportunities: The Public Sector is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland, with a wide range of opportunities in areas such as Health, Education, and Government. The Public Sector accounts for 27% of employee jobs in Northern Ireland and this compares to 18% in the UK as a whole.
2. Adapting new technologies: The Public Sector in Northern Ireland is embracing and adopting new technologies and processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. It is said that there are 7 emerging technology trends in the Public Sector – AI-Driven Organisations; Blockchain for Government Departments; Automation for Ethical Data Handling; Further Focus on Citizen Experience; Enhanced Connectivity; Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Intelligent System Interfaces; and Digital Accessibility.
3. Excellent management: Many Public Sector organisations have strong leadership and provide high-quality services to the community. The Public Sector look to investing in leadership and management, support managers, delegate authority, expect responsibility and encourage autonomy.
4. Prosperous career development opportunities: Public Sector organisations in Northern Ireland offer fantastic training and development programs, as well as opportunities for career progression, to help their employees grow and advance in their careers.
5. A great career choice: The Public Sector is a dynamic and rewarding career choice. Employees can make a positive impact on their communities, making their work more fulfilling.
We have a lot of great Public Sector roles so if you’re interested please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me, David McClure on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 028 96 20 70 50.
Alternatively, check out our latest public sector roles.