Posted: 02 June 2021Apply Now
Honeycomb is delighted to be exclusively recruiting for a Compliance Officer on behalf of Community Finance Ireland. This is a full-time and permanent role.
Community Finance Ireland is both a charity and social enterprise. Operating across the island of Ireland, the charity is the fastest growing social finance provider in the UK and Ireland. Their aim is to provide a world -class community finance system that works to ensure social impact is felt not just dreamt. The team supports all the change-makers across the Community Voluntary and Social Enterprise Sector.
As a Compliance Officer, you will report into the Group Finance Director, assisting with various areas of Compliance to include AML, Financial Regulation and FCA reporting. You will model the values of the organisation - integrity, quality and empathy and will always act in accordance with the legal, regulatory and organisational policies and procedures for good governance. Duties in this role include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Plan ensuring specific steps within the Plan are completed on schedule.
* Continually review Company procedures and recommend and implement agreed changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Provide training to other departments on appropriate compliance issues.
* Review AML documents received in relation to loans / grants.
* Implement all necessary procedures in an accurate and timely manner for all FCA, AML, and other regulatory requirements.
* Perform internal audits to ensure that financial procedures are properly performed and documented and report on these to the Group Finance Director.
* Maintain and amend manual and procedures as necessary in line with FCA regulations ensuring all departments are aware of changes and amendments and carrying out new/amended procedures.
* Give full support and guidance to Group Finance Director on all FCA, AML and other financial regulatory matters.
* Ensure relevant Company policies and procedures are reviewed and up to date in relation to FCA and AML and any other regulatory requirements.
* Implement effective communication to departments to ensure all working to same procedures.
* Ensure adequate training is in place and available where procedures are not being adhered to Implement accurate administration systems to document and record new/changes/amendments made to manual/procedures in line with FCA regulations.
* Proven experience in a compliance related role.
* Banking or financial experience essential.
* Knowledge of office policies and procedures.
* Experience with office management tools (MS Office software and Sharepoint in particular).
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail
The salary for this role is £30,000 and comes with an excellent benefits package.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Emma Henry, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Share this job: