Posted: 09 June 2021Apply Now
Honeycomb is assisting our client, a leading Professional Services Membership organisation, with the recruitment of a Conferencing & Facilities Executive. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months to cover a period of Maternity leave. Bonus payable on completion!
A busy leading Professional Services organisation with office space in central Belfast.
The Conferencing and Facilities Executive plays an important role as part of our client's conference and facilities team, with the main responsibility for our Belfast office. This is a broad and dynamic role with responsibility for ensuring the smooth operation of the facility management and conferencing requirements in their Belfast building.
* Assist in coordinating day-to-day maintenance with particular emphasis on planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks.
* Assist with the development of annual maintenance budgets and subsequent day-to-day management and tracking of expenditure which includes obtaining quotations in line with procurement requirements
* Work as a key member of the conferencing and facilities team ensuring tasks are carried out efficiently.
* Ensure the building meets Health & Safety requirements, deputising for the Health & Safety Officer, complying with legal requirements
* To work with the landlord to ensure the provision of general day to day building services cleaning, security alarm and fire alarm systems, lifts, repairs and removals.
* To act as the Fire Safety Officer
* Assisting with the project management of contracts, with supervision and coordination of contractors' work and carry out tendering process when required
* Managing third Party contract management including cleaning, catering, security, etc.
* Proactive participation in business continuity plan for the Belfast office.
* Produce reports as required and manage all building specific paperwork including fire register, health and safety policy, risk assessments, audits, etc.
* Responsibility for event management onsite to include; room bookings, AV requirements, catering, room set up and if needed working closely with contractors and suppliers.
* Assisting in the coordination of the functions themselves, when required. Liaising with key stakeholders and our management team.
* Meeting and greeting all visitors to the building
* Manage conferencing bookings including weekly, monthly and seasonal meetings
* To provide reception cover from 2 pm to close of business each day and season holiday cover.
* The ideal candidate will have no less than three years relevant experience in a similar environment.
* Demonstrable experience of managing maintenance budgets.
* Facilities management qualification or qualified by experience
* Technical knowledge of building services, environmental issues, and an awareness of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
* Experience with creating new procedures, solve problems and is able to sole responsibility for internal events.
* A comprehensive understanding of the facilities and the associated regulatory environment.
* Financial, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to positively interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
Salary for this role is £22 - £24K, plus a £1K bonus on completion of 12 month FTC.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Louise Quinn, Professional Services Manager at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Share this job: