Posted: 26 May 2021Apply Now
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our client, a successful consultancy firm, to recruit an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their business delivery team.
This is an excellent time to join a business who build emphasis on employee well being. The organisation has a vibrant culture and focus on learning and development.
This is a full time, fixed term contract (14-16 months).
Our Client are leading pension consultants, actuaries and administrators who provide solutions for trustees, employers and members.
The culture is embedded in everything they do, believing everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business actively promote this, both to assist employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to excellent quality delivery to clients.
An exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator within the Business Delivery function. This role will form part of the Payroll team carrying out a key service for clients and internally.
We are looking for someone who is keen to embrace the opportunity of developing their payroll experience as part of an award winning pensions consultancy.
You will be able to evidence previous experience of working successfully within a payroll team to achieve clear but also challenging goals. You will have the ability to communicate and positively influence and negotiate at all levels, both internally and externally. You will be commercially astute and able to add value to an excellent team.
* Record and update payroll changes received from the Scheme Administrator
* Process monthly payrolls for a number of schemes, including submitting files for RTI by deadlines
* Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll and respond to daily payroll queries
* Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to Scheme Administrator
* Complete Year End Payroll Returns in a timely and accurate manner
* Prepare and collate payments in a responsible, timely and accurate manner
* Attend and effectively contribute to all relevant internal and external meetings, ensuring actions, projects deadlines are adhered to and completed.
* Keep up to date with legislative changes and responsibly and proactively communicate all relevant technical/industry/legislative/statutory developments to the wider business, providing solutions and instructions on how they will be dealt with and how any impacting changes will be managed.
* Ensure compliance with business processes and adherence to relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and HMRC authorised practice with regards to potential movements/payments
Competencies- Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
* Knowledge of day to day payroll procedures including processing monthly payrolls and making accurate payments via BACS, submitting files for RTI by deadlines and year end payroll returns.
* Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, especially in Excel
* Excellent written and communication skills which have been tested internally and externally.
* An understanding of how to deliver to internal controls and business processes.
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
* Basic financial awareness of treasury and cash management procedures.
* General ledger and bookkeeping experience
* Desirable Technical Experience & Knowledge
* Experience of Sage and/or Altus payroll packages
Essential Educational Qualifications
* Evidence of qualifications with a strong numeracy content
* Behavioural competencies for the role
* Problem Solving
* Client engagement
* Continuous Learning
* Leading market salary dependant on experience £25,000 - £28,000
* Hybrid WFH/Office (Belfast location)
* Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required.
* Length of Contract: Expected to be between 14 and 16 months.
* Private Medical Insurance
* Flexible annual leave allowance
* Dedicated learning and development partner
* Cycle to work Scheme
*The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
*There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
*As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Rachael Stewart, Professional Services Team at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Share this job: