Posted: 14 September 2021Apply Now
Honeycomb are delighted to be assisting our client, a market leading, global professional services company with the recruitment of Quality Control Analysts, Associate and Senior, for their Financial Crime Team. This is a F/T, perm position based in Belfast city centre.
The Financial Crime operations team complete managed services on behalf of clients, this includes remediation, counterparty outreach, AML policy advising, onboarding, and assurance. This Client has worked with 80% of Forbes 25 biggest banks across the world.
The Role (Who are the client looking for?)
Our client is looking for Quality Control professionals who are well versed in financial crime, specifically KYC, AML and TM processes and practices, and who are passionate about the subject matter - always looking for ways to improve, grow, and develop.You will undertake quality control / assurance roles on client projects in a dynamic and ever changing environment. You will be the point of contact for junior associates and play a key part in supporting both their development as well as your own. You will also build and maintain strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders within the client in order to help deliver the service you are providing; and you will work as part of a team to deliver the targets agreed with the client.
* You have experience conducting financial crime due diligence on clients; ensuring that all regulatory information and documentation has been completed
* You have experience quality reviewing / testing the work of others to ensure quality standards and expectations are always met.
* You have strong knowledge of company structures, funds and banking products.
* You have experience supporting and coaching junior associates in the team; acting as point of contact
* You have the ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders from KYC, Legal, Credit, and Sales
* You have team and/or project management experience
* You hold a financial crime related professional qualification
* Carry out KYC /AML reviews on customer files by gathering information gained either from the public domain and/or from client and customer.
* Conduct detailed quality assurance reviews on work undertaken by other team members. - identifying errors and providing detailed reworks
* Provide guidance and manage escalations from junior members on the identification of suspicious behaviour on customer and client accounts
* Provide timely feedback and coaching to junior associates to drive Right First Time performance
* Respond to requests for information regarding appropriate KYC documents by conducting the necessary due diligence review for Low/Medium/High risk customers.
* Proactively manage your own work allocation and meet daily, monthly productivity and quality targets by seeking clear guidance, instruction or coaching to help fulfil your role.
* Update metrics trackers accurately and in a timely manner including client and relevant workflow systems.
* Work collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with peers, TL's and managers which will improve Client and the company's efficiency process.
* Be able to implement and adapt to new or changing processes quickly.
* Proactively build relationships with all team members within the company including engagement with client teams as well as customers of our clients.
* Relevant Financial Services sector experience including a competent understanding of AML policies and procedures including PEP's, Sanctions, Bribery, Corruption and Transaction Monitoring used to address financial crime risks
* Knowledge of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms.
* Experience in dealing with different types of company structures in different jurisdictions, funds and banking products.
* A high level of attention to detail and experience following strict processes and requirements.
* Experience of conducting quality reviews on work undertaken by others, providing coaching and feedback as necessary.
* Demonstrate an inquisitive nature which is inclined to investigate, identify issues and solve problems.
Salary and Package
* Dedicated career service who will help you reach your career goals and help you succeed and grow.
* 25 days annual leave, a flexible benefits scheme to suit your personal/family needs, a competitive salary with regular reviews and the potential for a discretionary bonus.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Nicole McDermott, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 028 962 070 50 .
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding
Share this job: