Finding a graduate job can sometimes seem like a challenging task, it can feel daunting knowing where to start, where to find the best jobs and in today’s climate it can feel like securing your dream job is unachievable. After leaving university and it’s structured ways of learning behind, it’s completely normal if you feel a bit lost when it comes to applying for graduate jobs on your own.
However, after having put in the hard work and commitment to completing your degree, job hunting should be an exciting next step in your life and you deserve to show potential employers all your experience, qualifications and skills to secure an amazing graduate job. Whilst job hunting may initially seem scary and hard, when you know the right techniques to implement it can be successful and enjoyable.
We’ve put together our top 10 job hunting tips for graduates to help you enjoy the experience and ensure each of your applications are as strong as possible.
- Create a top-class CV & Cover letter
- Upload your CV to Job Websites e.g. NI Jobs, NI Job finder, Indeed, Recruit NI to name a few
- Create a LinkedIn profile and update yourself as Open to Work! Recruiters and Employers use LinkedIn Recruiter to source talent.
- Register with an agency like Honeycomb, we work with all of NI’s leading businesses to pipeline Graduate talent.
- Research the market and find out who the major players are in your area of interest. Most will have career pages and you can set up alerts.
- Attend Graduate Fares and Job Fares and bring your CV with you. Some will offer interviews on the day so be prepared!
- Use your Network! Family and friends can be great introducers to new opportunities.
- Be proactive, if a company is of interest, why not make an introduction or send in your CV with a Cover letter.
- Clean up your Social-Media, potential Employers will do background checks to qualify for suitability.
- Manifest! Visualize success
If you need any help or advice with any of these points please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Honeycomb – our recruitment consultants would be more than happy to help.
Call us: 028 96 20 70 50
Email us: email@example.com