Administrative Assistant (Part time, Newtownards)
Location: Newtownards, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £12.16 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH44759
Expiry date: 2023-08-29
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working exclusively with the National Association of Councillors, to recruit a part time (22.5hrs) Administrative Assistant for a temporary to permanent contract. This role offers £12.16/hr based in Newtownards but requires travel to other parts of Northern Ireland.
The Client - The National Association of Councillors is an organisation representing the interest of Councillors throughout Northern Ireland.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Secretary of the National Association of Councillors. The key purpose of the job is to provide a range of clerical, administrative and secretarial services to the organisation. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Responding to phone enquires, incoming post and emails.
- Word processing reports, letters, memos, mail merges, maintaining databases with the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Liaising with Elected Members, Ministers, Government Department, and outside bodies.
- Arranging and attending meetings, Annual General Meeting, and conferences. Issuing notices and agendas for meetings and AGM and taking minutes.
- Maintaining accounts, making payments, arranging the annual audit.
- Updating the website, compiling the newsletter, and emailing information to Councillors.
- Undertaking any reasonable task at the request of the Secretary which is consistent with the nature and level of the post.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Five GCSE's, grade A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' relevant administrative experience.
- Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined, they must have 4 years' relevant administrative experience.
- Must have a full current driving licence valid and access to a car to ensure that you can carry out the duties of the post.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **