Administrative Officer (Public Sector, Temporary)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £11.99 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH45208
Expiry date: 2023-09-18
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit an Administrative Officer, temporary contract with possible of extension. Competitive package based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an organisation who provides safe, effective support and care to individuals who have been affected by the Troubles. This client is one of the leading entities of the EU Programme for Peace and Reconciliation.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Verification Staff Officer. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Acting as first point of contact for queries by email (monitoring team inbox) and telephone.
- Enter and manipulate data and information utilising Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel
- Recording details of quarterly claims, entering claim information onto Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide administrative support to the verification function and wider organisation.
- Scanning hard copy documents.
- Labelling and filing electronic documents
- Maintaining hard copy files and electronic databases in line with the organisations policies and procedures.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- At least two years relevant experience, within the last eight years, of administrative duties, where relevant is defined as possessing experience in ALL of the following, dealing with a high volume of client/customer queries in person and by telephone; Use of the MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive information with tact, judgement, and discretion.
- 5+ GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
- Experience working with a vulnerable client population.
- Maintaining both electronic and paper based office administration systems.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **