Administrative Officer (Short term, Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £11.7 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH39284
Expiry date: 2023-02-27
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit an Administrative Officer for a temporary contract based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an independent body providing an impartial and free examination of complaints about a range of public services.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Senior Investigating Officer. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Provide verbal and written advice and assistance to complainants, public bodies and MLAs in relation to the complaints handling process.
- Undertake an initial assessment of each complaint received to establish if the complaint should be accepted for assessment when examined against the requirements of the legislation underpinning the role of the organisation.
- Drafting letters, drawing on the relevant legislative provisions, explaining if a complaint can or cannot be accepted for assessment.
- Preparing and maintaining case files and electronic case records in line with office policy and procedure.
- Meet the office's key performance indicators in respect of the initial assessment of cases.
- Contribute to the assessment process through diligent and detailed file preparation and completion of the relevant case handover templates.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Investigating Officers undertaking assessment and investigation of cases to include making telephone and written enquiries of complainants, MLAs and public bodies, arranging meetings as required, and taking notes of meetings.
- Answer telephone calls coming into the Office's main line or freephone number (requiring rota cover from 9-5pm by the Casework Officer).
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the Office.
- Opening post/ emails received in the Office inbox, determining any associated action/ diverting it to the intended recipient.
- Opening new case files and reopening closed case files both in hard copy and on the case handling system.
- Filing hard copy files and retrieving files from the admin section as required.
- Maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and those working in other public bodies.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C) or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics and 2 years' relevant experience in an administrative role within a busy office environment.
- Experience of dealing with the public in a customer service capacity including handling queries from service users.
- Experience of drafting replies to correspondence based on interpretation of legislation/policy issues.
- Experience of managing competing work priorities to meet KPIs/targets.
- Experience of using an electronic case handling system.
- Experience of undertaking challenging interviews.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **