Location: Downpatrick, County Down
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: £20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH41011
Expiry date: 2023-04-24
Honeycomb is delighted to assist our client, a charity supporting adults with learning disabilities, with the recruitment of an Administrator. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for a range of administration support, coordinating maintenance works, and covering reception duties. The role is permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week), and office-based in Downpatrick (09.00-17.00).
Ards Peninsula-based candidates are welcome to apply for this role as the client is happy for commutes to be undertaken via the Portaferry-Strangford ferry service!
- Salary of £20,000 - £22,000 depending on skills and experience
- Free parking available on site
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Training opportunities
- Access to private health care
As an Administrator, you will be responsible for allocating and coordinating maintenance, repairs and health and safety work. Other elements of the role will be acting as a team player and providing key administration support across the organisation and acting as the first point of contact for visitors at reception.
- Providing excellent customer service and responding to enquiries via telephone and email as well as meeting and greeting visitors
- Assist with administration support with the operational team members across HR and Finance including filing and archiving documents, photocopying, printing committee papers, banking, making bank lodgements and collecting petty cash
- Be the first point of contact for staff to report maintenance issues and action accordingly
- Coordinating maintenance jobs/tasks e.g. repairs, general upkeep and groundwork
- Responsible for the postal system - process incoming mail and distribute appropriately. Frank and record outgoing mail, ensuring it is posted daily in a timely manner
- Minute-taking and diary management
- Hospitality duties - preparing meeting rooms and housekeeping duties
You will have;
- Level 2 Qualification (desirable in Business & Administration) or equivalent with a recognised awarding body
- Previous experience in an office/ administrator role (at least 6 months)
- Good standard of education with strong competency in English and Maths
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong teamwork ethos to work as part of a small, busy office team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work in a confidential and professional manner
- Strong IT skills in all Microsoft packages including Office 365, Teams, Excel and Word
- Able to use own initiative, manage own workload proactively
- Full Clean Driving licence and access to a vehicle to enable movement around our sites, banking duties and offsite appointments related to role
- Experience working in a maintenance administrator position or handling maintenance-related queries and workload
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.