Assistant Manager (Public Sector, 3month contract)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £19.84 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH39467
Expiry date: 2023-03-02
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting a large public sector client with the immediate uptake of an Assistant Manager within a Housing unit, 3month contract with potential extension based in Belfast.
The Client: This department is responsible for the operational management and service provision of the housing function managed and delivered by this organisation.
The Role: This Assistant Manager ensures the management, development and supervision of staff, timely management of administration of all documentation necessary including the preparation of reports, statutory notices, licenses, fixed penalty notices, summons including attendance at Committee and Court.
Reporting to the department manager, duties inclusive of:
- Directly supervise and manage a team of technical and administrative staff involving the full licensing process in compliance with the legislation and guidance including developing and monitoring work programmes for the section ensuring service delivery in accordance with agreed standards.
- Development and implementation of appropriate policy, procedures, or operational processes necessary to comply with legislative or service requirements.
- To assist with the production of reports for committees and attend committee meetings and member briefings.
- Carry out enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional and advisory duties relevant to the work of the service in conjunction with other teams where appropriate.
- To liaise with elected representatives, landlords, tenants and local communities and their representatives as necessary, including community based meetings and other forums, including out of hours, to ensure optimum customer service.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Building Surveying, Environmental Health, Business Studies, Management, Law or equivalent and be able to demonstrate on the at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following three areas; or
- At least two years' relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **