Asst. Community development Officer, (temporary, Carrickfergus)
Location: Carrickfergus, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £13.50 - £14.00 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34047
Expiry date: 2022-11-30
Honeycomb is delighted to assist our public sector client with a Community Officer role, temporary ongoing, hybrid to Carrickfergus.
The Client: This organisation operates with dependency of effective 'good relations' and Community planning in order to maximise the development of strategic small and large scale plans throughout it's relevant catchment area.
The Role: Reporting to the directorate manager, duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Act as a point of contact for the relevant stakeholders, dealing with day to day enquiries from members of the public, elected members, key community, statutory and voluntary partners in relation to local issues and concerns.
- Assist the DEA Manager and DEA Officer with the effective delivery of a portfolio of services as already detailed under the Main Purpose of Job, specifically in relation to PCSP, Good Relations, Community Planning, Community Development (including Neighbourhood Renewal & Areas at Risk Programmes), Basic Services and Community Services.
- Provide service managment and operational coordination support to both internal and external stakeholders
- Align in the administrative management of projects ongoing and relative to various grant schemes
The Person: You must meet the following criterion to be considered -
- Have a third level qualification & able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two years' experience in a Community Planning or Services function
OR, for candidates who do not meet the qualification requirements as outlined above:
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have four years' experience in a Community Planning/ Development / Community Services function.
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have one years' experience of working with community and statutory organisations
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Public & 3rd Sector, Temporary Division at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.