Bereavement Manager, 3mth+ public sector contract
Location: Dundonald, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £12.73 - £15.50 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH30544
Expiry date: 2023-02-14
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting a large public sector client with the immediate uptake of a Bereavement administration Manager, 3month+ contract, multi-site role, rota based throughout G. Belfast.
The Client: This crucial department across this organisation operates to ensure an effective and comprehensive service is provided for those dealing with the loss of a loved one. This particular directorate oversees 5x cemeteries throughout the Belfast catchment area.
The Role: This 'Senior Officer' scale post operates across a 2-week rotational rota requiring own travel to sites throughout Dundonald/ ; Greater & Central Belfast. 37 hpw and occasional request of 39.5 per week inclusive of a Sat morning (enhancement rate applicable).
Reporting to the overall Bereavement Services Manager, duties inclusive of:
- To be responsible to the Business Coordinator (Finance/Systems) for managing the administrative and financial support services and ensuring the provision of a flexible, proficient and constructive clerical, administration and reception service to customers of the Bereavement Services Unit.
- Be responsible for the management and booking of funerals and cremations and all associated administration.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all cemeteries and crematorium administrative and clerical matters are handled efficiently and speedily.
- Ensuring that all administrative support staff across Bereavement Services and at different locations are kept up to date with the latest administrative processes and to act as a point of reference for all administrative and financial matters within the service.
- Further duties disclosed throughout application
The Person: This role requires a candidate with suitable experience and professional manner to deal with a highly sensitive task orientation
Experience: The suited candidate should possess at least 1+ years' relevant experience surrounding the following:
- Bereavement services experience at a senior level
- Knowledge and experience of a record system
- Experience at managerial or supervisory level of cemeteries and crematorium administration
- Good knowledge and understanding of cemeteries and crematorium statutory legislation
- Being able to communicate effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds and to deal sensitively and tactfully with members of the public and others in times of personal stress and grief.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager (Public & 3rd Sector) at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.