Business Support Officer (Ballymena)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £13.20 per day
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH45633
Expiry date: 2023-10-03
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with a Public Sector client, to recruit a Business Support Officer for a temporary 12 month role based in the Ballymena area.
The Client - The Public Sector organisation is situated in the Ballymena catchment area.
The Role: Credible role reporting to the Planning Admin Supervisor within the Planning and Building Control Division while assisting the team through office administrative duties.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and other enquiries from the public, external agencies, and internal stakeholders.
- Organise and attend internal and external multi-agency meetings to take minutes and produce reports or other follow up action.
- Process cheques/cash/credit card payments received by Planning, assigning appropriate budget codes, and maintaining relevant ledgers.
- Administer petty cash float in accordance with financial controls.
- Assist other members of staff in the completion and submission of reports and returns, and in the maintenance of registers.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 5 GCSE Grades A - C or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English Language
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have at least one year's relevant Business Support experience (or three years' experience for candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications) in an office environment to include:
- Effective use of computerised information management systems.
- Working as part of a team to deliver frontline customer service to members of the public and/or external organisations.
- The ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work and prioritise competing demands.
- A qualification that demonstrates competency in working with office technology i.e. Word Processing or Typewriting.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **