Campaign and Events Officer (Charity)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £27200.00 per annum
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH48040
Expiry date: 2023-12-29
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with a Charity Sector client, to recruit a permanent Campaigns and Events Officer (subject to funding) based in Belfast.
The Client - This Charity Sector organisation is dedicated to delivering on improving environmental education in schools in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time.
The Role - Applications for this role close on 6th December with the view of interviews to be held on or before 13th December. The role is part funded through the DAERA Environmental Fund.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Maintain an up-to-date events calendar of all the organisation's events.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date events contacts and invitee database.
- Organise a range of public-facing and stakeholder engagement events throughout the year, including awards ceremonies.
- Liaise regularly with management team to ascertain event needs.
- Produce events specifications.
- Find and book suitable event venues, catering, photography, and other suppliers.
- Contribute innovative events ideas.
- Administer the invitation and RSVP process.
- Co-ordinate the provision of all necessary marketing materials.
- Deliver detailed events running orders and brief relevant members of the team.
- Lead the on-site set-up of events.
- Fulfil event hosting duties, such as, guest reception, speaker guidance, sponsor set-up etc.
- Respond to all general enquiries.
- Respond to specific enquires that require a technical answer.
- Produce reports on all activities undertaken as may be required.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- A degree level qualification, or three years' equivalent relevant experience.
- One years' experience of delivering events, including: budget management; venue research; contract negotiation, utilisation of software such as Canva and Eventbrite for the invitation process; scheduling staff and communicating/coordinating their responsibilities for the day of the event; processing invoices to ensure vendor payments, etc.
- One years' experience of delivering campaign/s, to include: active participation in the planning, communication, coordination, and successful implementation of innovative and effective campaign/s.
- Well-developed ICT skills, especially using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Full current driving licence and/or access to a suitable means of transport to enable you to carry out the duties and responsibilities.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **