Deputy Pensions Administration Manager
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Banking & Finance
Contacts: Nicole McDermott, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH37515
Expiry date: 2022-12-13
Honeycomb is working in partnership with a Leading Pensions Consultancy for the recruitment of a Deputy Pensions Administration Manager. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Belfast City Centre (Hybrid).
Our client is an award-winning Pensions Consultancy with over 1500 staff in locations across the UK. Their teams of pension administrators provide services to a wide range of trust-based company pension schemes, including defined benefit, defined contribution, career average revalued earnings, and hybrid schemes. Their administrative approach is scheme-based; one team is responsible for every aspect of each client's service, enabling them to build the best possible relationships and provide the clarity of focus each scheme deserves.
- You will be working closely with the Administration Manager, as a prime day to day contact for a given portfolio of Administration clients, to ensure provision of high-quality pension administration services
- You will be expected to participate in strategic business changes i.e. critical success factors, implement decisions made by the Board and Principals and understand the issues that affect the performance of the Company
- In addition, you will be involved in a wide range of pension administration tasks
- You will also assist in the day today line management of the designated team
- Overseeing the management of annual and ad-hoc projects for all schemes on the team such as renewals, benefit statements, pension increases, life styling, trustees' reports and accounts. Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements
- Monitoring accuracy, performance, and SLAs for the team, including activity and client performances, and taking action to ensure targets are met
- Helping identify any training needs across the team and assisting with developing and mentoring team members
- Ensuring the accurate update of time recording system for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities
- Seeking ways of innovating and improving quality, service delivery and efficiencies in processes and procedures
- Maintaining a client focused approach, able to develop trusting and credible partnerships with clients both face to face and via the telephone
- Preparing, checking and issuing administration bills
- Assist in recruitment process including interviews
- Manage day to day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of all work. Hold regular workflow meetings with senior team members (where needed) to manage progress and resolve any issues
- Providing expert advice solutions to pensions queries and pensions consultative advice; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry, and providing technical support to more junior staff
- You will need to have previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit schemes and have an expert knowledge of pensions administration activities with the ability to apply this to any scheme
- Previous supervisory or workflow management experience will be required, including performance monitoring, appraisals and recruitment
Salary and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- A set of core benefits including pension plan, life assurance, employee assistance programme, 25 days holiday per year and access to a qualified, practising GP 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, critical illness cover, private medical cover for self and family, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers.
- The working week is Monday to Friday from 9am until 5.15pm (36.25) with 1 hour off for lunch. Flexible working arrangements for this role will be considered and can be discussed at interview
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Nicole McDermott, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 028 962 070 50 .
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding