Document Checker (Tuesday-Saturday)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Contacts: Abygail Forsythe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH47136
Expiry date: 2023-11-22
Honeycomb are delighted to be working with our client, a leading global law firm operating in over 30 countries, with the recruitment of a full-time, permanent Document Checker.
The Client holds a renowned reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions which are critical in helping their clients to grow, innovate and thrive. The client remain at the forefront of recognising changes in the legal industry and through putting their people first embraces new ways of thinking and integrating technology into their everyday work. The successful candidate will become part of a flexible, inclusive environment underpinned by openness and consistent support, with a powerful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a Document Checker, you will provide a timely and high-quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the department's clients, including but not limited to:
- Proofread a wide range of documents for spelling, sense, and grammar in accordance with house style guides or bespoke client requirements, ensuring the highest standard of documentation.
- Carry out other checking tasks, both ad hoc and as part of standard departmental practice, to ensure that the quality of documentation is in line with the expectations of the firm.
- Provide advice for clients about the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested.
- Provide guidance to other Document Centre teams on styles, formatting, and use of the English language.
- Effectively utilise CRM system to manage personal workload, adding updates and pertinent information in real time to facilitate smooth execution/handover on ongoing projects.
The hours of work for this role are Tuesday to Saturday, 8.00am - 4.30pm, operating a hybrid working model. The package for the role includes a competitive salary alongside generous benefits to include:
- Occupational pension scheme.
- Group income protection cover.
- Private medical insurance.
- Mental health resources and free apps.
- Health and wellbeing services including GP service, emergency back-up care support.
- Parental and special leave.
- Holiday entitlement increasing with length of service and holiday trading.
- Online discounts and lifestyle management services.
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Legal, financial, or similar professional proofreading services experience.
- Experience of working on complex technical documents.
- Eye for detail and computer literacy.
- Thorough understanding of working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Committed to delivering a high standard of service.
- Be flexible regarding work location and working hours.
- It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings.
- Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Abygail Forsythe at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050 or email@example.com.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs or give us a call.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **