Enforcement Officer (Larne, public sector contract)
Location: Larne, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £14.45 - £14.47 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH34047
Expiry date: 2022-12-31
Honeycomb is assisting our public sector client with the requirement of a full & part time 'enforcement officer' temporary contract campaign, Larne (requires car)
The Client: This organisation operates with the provision of positive community led engagement throughout its' local catchment area. At present, this organisation requires 1 x full time and 1 x part time (22 hpw) 'enforcement officers' to assist with a particular matter with regards to animal welfare. Full training provided; temporary contracts until March 2023 at which time will be reviewed for extension. Immediate availability preferable.
The Role: Reporting to the Senior Enforcement Officer; duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work as part of the Regulatory Services team to ensure that service provision is customer focused, innovative and best value for money.
- Enforce via both proactive and reactive measures, all relevant legislation, local Orders and bye-laws relating to dogs, litter, waste and local environmental quality matters.
- Contribute to effective liaison and partnership arrangements related to the functions of the department.
- Serve/issue notices and fixed penalties where appropriate.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English Language and Maths Grade C.
- Confident dealing with delicate situations involving members of the general public.
- Demonstrate examples of enforcing legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and statutory obligations
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office
- Hold a full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a form of transport
- Experience throughout law enforcement
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Public & 3rd Sector, Temporary Division at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.