EOII – Welfare Officer (Temporary 3mth+ , Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £13.55 - £13.80 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH37044
Expiry date: 2023-09-12
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit an Executive Officer II - Welfare Scheme Officer, temporary 'ongoing' contract based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an organisation connected with the Executive Office who provide safe, effective support and care to individuals who have been affected by conflict-related incidents.
The Role: This credible position enables the effective function by supporting critical links between the organisation and a network of Welfare Advisors employed within the community and voluntary sector. The role holder will assist the Payment Scheme Welfare Co-ordinator to establish robust processes, procedures and guidance for supporting service users accessing support under the 'Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme'.
This varied role will be suited to someone coming from a like-minded role throughout the 3rd Sector whereby they would have had responsbility across service user 'case management' files and manage outcomes of grants/ funding based on applicants accessibility and eligibility. Duties will be aligned with stakeholder management throughout a consolidated approach together with engagement with service users.
The Person - As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C or equivalent (which must include English and Maths)
- Candidates must demonstrate that they have a minimum of 2 years' practical experience in each of the following:
- Using a variety of written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with clients with non-complex and complex needs.
- Drafting operating manuals including, instructions and guidance on processes and procedures to be followed.
- Processing high volumes of information in line with office policies and procedures.
- Developing and delivering reporting templates, management reports and progress updates.
- Experience in effective delivery of application-based schemes with a focus on client outcomes.
- Experience working within a community, voluntary or statutory environment with clients with trauma, mental health and/or physical health issues.
A minimum of 2 years' practical experience in each of the following:
- Working within the Welfare system in Northern Ireland
- Leading or participating in management of projects/programmes.
- Liaising effectively and successfully building relationships with vulnerable clients and a broad range of service providers.
- Immediate availability.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **