Executive Support/ PA to CEO & Board (Public Sector, 6-9month FTC)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £26569 - £26900 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH33582
Expiry date: 2023-09-05
Honeycomb is partnering with our public sector client to recruit for an 'Executive Officer II/ Personal Assistant to the CEO & Board'. This is an initial 6month fixed term contract, free parking; S.Belfast.
PLEASE NOTE - Closing Date 22nd June 2023 with anticipated interview in the week to follow.
The Client - This large service led multi-site public sector organisation operates with an extensive and diverse range of executive management and governance in order to fulfil its' distinctive functionality. As an arms' length body to the NICS, this client has proven to provide attractive contracts and further opportunities for successful applicants.
The Grade 'EOII' package contract includes: 25 + 12 statutory holidays per annum; free parking & incremental review of banding scales. A further benefit to a contract role with this organisation will be the exposure to further opportunities that may arise.
The Role - As part of the 'Executive Support Officer / PA Team', the successful applicant is required to provide a high quality, efficient, effective, confidential and professional secretarial and administrative support service to the CEO and the wider Executive Management Team when required. They will ensure that the CEO's time is managed and utilised in the most effective manner . This requires proactive planning and managing of tasks within a constantly changing environment, the utilisation of well-developed interpersonal skills and adapting when necessary to changing roles and working patterns.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following scope (please note that full JD will be issued upon successful shortlisting throughout application):
- Diary management & telephone duties
- Meetings Coordination & arrangement
- Minute taking and board support
- Maintaining expenditure records, for example, in relation to hospitality and training;
- Preparing and processing expense claims and hospitality payments;
- Draft, sign and circulate documents, for example acknowledgements, holding replies and on occasion collate information from a range of sources to assist with the preparation of composite responses on behalf of the CEO;
- Research information sources such as the internet or press articles for items such as publications, records, press releases, contact details and travel information and undertake proof reading and other tasks as delegated by the CEO;
- Making cost-effective travel and accommodation arrangements through internal branches or directly with service providers;
- Collating, recording and issuing various registers and returns.
The Person - Throughout these posts, a successful candidate is expected to act as a key interface, ensuring that communications and information from internal and external contacts are disseminated, controlled and managed effectively.
The post-holder will be required to meet the following criterion prior to reaching the next stage of the campaign:
- GCSE (Grade A-C)/GCE 'O' level English Language or equivalent & or RSA Stage III Typing
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of carrying out a range of Personal Assistant / administrative duties, for example, diary management, telephony skills, vetting calls, servicing meetings, taking minutes and managing records in compliance with good governance.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of arranging meetings, preparing agendas, collating papers and taking minutes at high level meetings.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills including ability to multi-task and manage a number of conflicting priorities.
- Good IT skills and a high level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word and PowerPoint.
DESIRABLE: Due to the nature of this contract, it would be of preference to have as immediate availability to start as possible.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Public Sector at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving a high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **