Executive Support/ PA to CEO & Board (Public Sector, Permanent x 2 posts)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £26017 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH33582
Expiry date: 2022-12-22
Honeycomb is partnering with our public sector client, 'AFBI' with an excellent permanent campaign for an 'Executive Officer II/ Personal Assistant to the CEO & Board'. Highly competitive post x2 , free parking; S.Belfast.
The Client - The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) is Northern Ireland's largest provider of agri-food science. It provides vital support to an industry which is a key economic driver within Northern Ireland while delivering wider societal benefit in areas such as environmental protection and food safety. AFBI therefore have a significant role to play in: Leading improvements in the agri-food industry; Protecting animal, plant and human health; an enhancing the natural and marine environment.
The Grade 'EOII' package contract includes: NICS attractive pension package; 25 + 12 statutory holidays per annum; free parking & incremental review of banding scales.
The Role - These 2 x posts as 'Executive Support Officer / PA' are required to provide a high quality, efficient, effective, confidential and professional secretarial and administrative support service to the CEO and the wider Executive Management Team when required. They will ensure that the CEO's time is managed and utilised in the most effective manner . This requires proactive planning and managing of tasks within a constantly changing environment, the utilisation of well-developed interpersonal skills and adapting when necessary to changing roles and working patterns.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following scope (please note that full JD will be issued upon successful shortlisting throughout application):
- Diary management & telephone duties
- Meetings Coordination & arrangement
- Minute taking and board support
- Maintaining expenditure records, for example, in relation to hospitality and training;
- Preparing and processing expense claims and hospitality payments;
- Draft, sign and circulate documents, for example acknowledgements, holding replies and on occasion collate information from a range of sources to assist with the preparation of composite responses on behalf of the CEO;
- Research information sources such as the internet or press articles for items such as publications, records, press releases, contact details and travel information and undertake proof reading and other tasks as delegated by the CEO;
- Making cost-effective travel and accommodation arrangements through internal branches or directly with service providers;
- Collating, recording and issuing various registers and returns.
The Person - Throughout these posts, a successful candidate is expected to act as a key interface, ensuring that communications and information from internal and external contacts are disseminated, controlled and managed effectively.
The post-holder will be required to meet the following criterion prior to reaching the next stage of the campaign:
- GCSE (Grade A-C)/GCE 'O' level English Language or equivalent & or RSA Stage III Typing
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of carrying out a range of Personal Assistant / administrative duties, for example, diary management, telephony skills, vetting calls, servicing meetings, taking minutes and managing records in compliance with good governance.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of arranging meetings, preparing agendas, collating papers and taking minutes at high level meetings.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills including ability to multi-task and manage a number of conflicting priorities.
- Good IT skills and a high level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word and PowerPoint.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Public Sector at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **