Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: £23000.00 - £24000.00 per annum
Contacts: Caila Cunningham, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH42371
Expiry date: 2023-06-14
Honeycomb is thrilled to be recruiting a Finance Assistant within the Charity sector in Northern Ireland. This role in full time based in Belfast, hybrid working at £23,000 - £24,000. Working for a charity that inspires and educates local people, communities, businesses, and government.
- Competitive Salary 23-24k
- Hybrid working, 3 days at home
- Free on site parking
- Bike storage at the office building
- Benefits package with access to private health care
- 23 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays increasing with length in service
- Auto enrol pension
The charity is Northern Ireland's longest serving charity and training provider within their specialism, offering life changing services for over 35,000 people and their families throughout Northern Ireland. Their goal is to create an inclusive society where people can reach their full potential.
What would a typical day look like for you?
The Finance Assistant will be responsible to the Finance Manager, assisting in the delivery of comprehensive financial services to the organisation. This is a very exciting role as you will be assisting across the team in various departments such as:
- Management/Financial Accounting: Assisting the Finance Manager with the maintenance and development of the accounting systems. The timely completion of all month end financial procedures including reconciliations, production of financial reports and assisting with credit control as required.
- Purchase Ledge/Payments Section: monitoring and processing of purchase transactions for the organisation, in line with company policy. Assisting with purchase ledger duties as required this may include the preparation, processing, verification, and payment of supplier invoices.
- Payroll: assist with payroll processing including the input of data for salaries, ensuring payments are properly certified and made appropriately, including checking and processing time sheets.
- Internal Audits: assisting departmental audits are conducted in compliance with AI financial procedures.
- General: assisting in day-to-day finance queries and any issues should be escalated to the Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Sales Ledger/Income Section: assisting the Finance Manager with sales ledger duties as required.
- Administrative duties: postal duties, develop and maintaining efficient filling system and databases, liaising with staff and external organisations in a helpful and professional manner.
Your skills and experience:
- Educated to a GSCE level.
- Working knowledge of basic financial record keeping
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including excel to manipulate data and produce reports.
- Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing through all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, setting and working to agreed objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the third sector providing care to meet the needs of people.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Caila Cunningham at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs.