Fundraising and Events Officer
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: £25000.00 - £29000.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH40993
Expiry date: 2023-04-24
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting our client, an all-island charity based in Belfast, with the recruitment of a Fundraising and Events Officer to support the fundraising strategy. The role is permanent and full-time with hybrid working (2 days based in the Belfast office).
If you are ready to take the next step in your fundraising career and want to add value to a charity, then this could be the opportunity for you!
- Salary range between £25 - 29K depending on skills and experience
- 23 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - 2 days based in the office (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Auto enrol pension
- Team building and social events
- Death in service - three times of your annual salary
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Private medical care
- Refer a friend scheme
Our charity client is seeking an experienced Fundraising professional who will support the fundraising team with income generation, events, and stakeholder engagement. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to progress in their Fundraising career. This is a key position that contributes to their mission of supporting individuals across the island of Ireland with services contributing to healthy living and well-being. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' experience in fundraising or events, enjoys meeting new people, and building relationships, is a team player, and has a proven track record in meeting targets/contributing to fundraising campaigns.
- Supporting the Fundraising Manager in generating income across community and corporate giving. Achieving this by coordinating approaches, identifying opportunities and nurturing donor relationships.
- Acting as a point of contact for internal stakeholders and establishing strong working relationships across the organisation. Being an ambassador for the organisation and promoting services and ways to get involved with staff, businesses and general public.
- Be confident in delivering presentations and pitching fundraising opportunities to potential partners and supporters.
- Assisting and attending fundraising events hosted by the organisation, partners and community fundraisers.
- Work to support all areas of the organisation to support the implementation of the corporate strategy.
- Suggest and present ideas for improvement and be actively involved in their planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Adhere to Fundraising legislation and the Charity's policies and procedures.
You will have;
- A full current driving licence and access to a car. Business insurance will be a requirement of the post. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable as the role may involve working in various locations.
- Possess a third-level qualification (or equivalent) in a related or similar discipline.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in delivering successful fundraising campaigns and/or events.
- Ability to build relationships with potential supporters, volunteers and others in the community, voluntary and private sector.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply charitable giving guidelines/ standards and charity law.
- Excellent organisational and creative skills with ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a small team.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.