Location: Ballymena, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: £23000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH39525
Expiry date: 2023-03-23
Honeycomb is delighted to be partnering with an established charity based in Northern Ireland with the recruitment of a Fundraising Coordinator. This is a full-time permanent role, offering remote working for candidates based in Northern Ireland who can build on the success of fundraising across an assigned geographical funding region. For this post, it is essential that the successful candidate be a resident close to the following council areas: Causeway Coast & Glens, Derry and Strabane.
This is a broad role with the opportunity to learn, grow and develop. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to use their supporter/customer care, fundraising/business development and organisational skills to build vital relationships within the local community and make a real difference.
The role is remote but will be required to be in the office from time to time for staff meetings and cash drop-offs.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. There will be required work outside of these hours on occasion.
Salary range between £23 - 27K depending on skills and experience
25 AL + BH with incremental increases to annual leave
Development opportunities with attendance at external seminars and conferences
Auto enrol pension
Team building days
The Fundraising Coordinator will work with the Head of Fundraising and the fundraising team to help grow new and additional sources of funding. The role is integral to achieving the fundraising goals and objectives of the charity's income generation strategy and providing an outstanding supporter experience. Within the agreed geographical region, you will build lasting and valuable relationships with supporters, businesses, groups, volunteers and local media.
- Generating income for the Charity in your agreed area (North Antrim, Derry/L'derry) through various fundraising streams.
- Be responsible for delivering against budget and meeting fundraising target.
- Pitching new opportunities and presenting to large audiences.
- Develop local profile in the area through proactive networking and PR in local media.
- Building and nurturing long-term relationships with individuals, businesses and local communities.
- Acting as an ambassador and encouraging sign-ups for membership programmes.
- Assisting and supporting events.
- Support the Volunteer-Coordinator with growing the volunteer base across Northern Ireland
- Process donations and adhere to Fundraising legislation and the Charity's policies and procedures
- Maintaining and updating records on the Fundraising database
- Maximise performance and provide administrative support to the wider team
- Any other duties as reasonably required within skills, knowledge, and experience.
You will have;
- Current full driving licence and business insurance, and access to a car
- GCSE passes or equivalent in Maths and English
- A minimum 12-months' experience in a busy coordination role where you have delivered against targets and driven activity in line with key plans
- As a person you are empathetic, engaging and inspiring
- Proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to a deadline and have strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Superb customer service skills with the ability to provide excellent supporter care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking and interacting with people at all levels
- A talent for building and nurturing great working relationships
- Degree educated
- Transferable skills and experience on Customer Relationship Management database
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector in a fundraising/business development role
- Experience working with voluntary clubs or groups
- Volunteer management or supporting with public relations
If you have never worked in the Charity sector, this is the perfect opportunity to apply a transferable skill set and work in a meaningful role that is making a difference in the lives of people in Northern Ireland. For information and other benefits of working within the sector, please get in touch with us as we are specialists in Charity recruitment.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.