Fundraising Engagement Manager
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: £24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH37438
Expiry date: 2022-12-13
Honeycomb is pleased to be supporting our Charity Partner, 'PIPS Suicide Prevention Ireland Charity' by promoting their vacancy of 'Fundraising Engagement Manager'.
Honeycomb is not involved with shortlisting for this post and so if you are interested in applying, please contact Liz Graham at: email@example.com
Should any candidates submit a CV to this job posting, you are agreeing that you are happy for us to share your details with PIPS.
This post is fixed term 2 years / permanent and will be self-generating thereafter. Based in Belfast, however there will be some travel across NI and ROI.
Hours: 40 hours per week inclusive of evenings and weekends (part-time option available - with preference for either Community fundraising or Corporate fundraising).
This is a broad role with the opportunity to learn, grow and develop. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to use their supporter/customer care, fundraising/business development and organisational skills to build vital relationships within the local community and make a real difference.
PIPS Charity delivers Suicide Prevention and Bereavement Support Services, Counselling and Complimentary Therapies across Belfast and throughout Northern Ireland. The organisation began, and very much remains, a community led organisation with a strong grass roots led ethos to suicide prevention and self-harm. Our aim is to meet the demands and needs of families and individuals in our community. We need you to be a big thinker, curious, and resilient. We need you to be committed to making a better world for people living with mental ill-health.
This is our time to make a significant impact to the outlook for people who are living with mental un-wellness and fundraising/business development will be at the heart of delivering this change…. Are you joining our team?
The purpose of the role to develop, lead, deliver, monitor, and evaluate our fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on achieving income-generated targets to match the organisation's ambitions for its future service delivery. A key part of this role will involve building new, and maintaining existing relationships with key stakeholders and businesses across the island of Ireland and proactively developing lasting partnerships that will provide additional income for our work, improving the wellbeing of people in our communities. They will also be supporting the strategic development of PIPS Charity.
The post holder will require access to a car, with Business insurance, or other means of transport to fulfil the travel requirements of the role. The role will involve evening and weekend working and requires an individual who can be flexible and adaptive to meet supporter's needs.
- Maintain and expand the current income generation of PIPS, identifying new corporate funding and pitch for new opportunities, as well as managing current corporate partnerships and building on existing relationships to ensure maximum value for the charity.
Community Fundraising & Stewardship
- Manage and develop relationships with supporters, delivering excellent levels of supporter stewardship.
- Work with supporters and listen to feedback to help maximise fundraising and find opportunities.
Marketing & Communications
- Manage digital fundraising across all social media as well as working with external marketing agencies as appropriate.
Reporting & Budgets
- Work with the Finance team to establish and manage annual budgets to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Be responsible for delivering against budget.
- Providing accurate and timeline reports and forecasts.
You will be a confident communicator and have a collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to influence others.
Experience within a similar role, or the charity sector would be great, but if you think you have skills that would transfer from another charitable role to this role, they would love to hear from you too.
A third level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, e.g., Marketing, Business AND 2 years' experience in a fundraising, marketing, business development environment.
3 years' relevant experience in a fundraising, marketing, or business development environment
* A successful track record in achieving targets / generating income / business development
* A knowledge of the voluntary sector in a fundraising/business development role.
* Superb customer service skills with the ability to provide excellent supporter care
* A talent for building and nurturing great working relationships
* A flexible approach and positive outlook
* An engaging and inspiring individual
* Well organised with sound office skills
* Confident and skilled in all aspects of communication
* Good IT skills - particularly Microsoft Office, Canva or other design software
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Experience of using CRM databases would be advantageous
Applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI check.
Salary and Benefits package
Holidays (FTE): 28 days plus 11 public holidays pro-rata
Probationary Period: 6 months
Pension: PIPS is a member of NEST Pension Scheme. The scheme is open to all employees aged between 18-60 on permanent and fixed term contracts (of 12 months or more) of employment who have successfully completed their 6 months' probation. Pension contribution rates are 5% Employee, 3% Employer.
Post holder will require access to a car, with Business insurance, or other means of transport to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
To apply for this role, please email Liz Graham with your interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call their office on 028 9080 5850