Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £24000 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH41745
Expiry date: 2023-05-24
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting our client, a Belfast-based charity with the recruitment of a Fundraising Officer. The role is permanent and full-time with hybrid working (3 days based in the office).
This is a broad role with the opportunity to learn, grow and develop. Our client is looking for the right person to use their supporter/customer care, fundraising/business development and organisational skills to build vital relationships within the local community and make a real difference.
Whether you are looking to take the next step in your Fundraising career or looking to apply your transferable skills to a meaningful role, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
The Charity prides itself in making a difference in local communities by providing a wide variety of services to those living in east Belfast. For these services to continue being delivered, it is essential that the Fundraising team secure sustainable funding and build long-lasting relationships with supporters.
- Salary of £24,000
- Hybrid working (2 days at home, 3 days in office)
- 23 days plus 12 statutory days
- Free parking
- Working a collaborative, team-orientated and fun environment
- Training and development opportunities
As the Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for engaging, growing and maintaining an audience of individual donors who support the work of the Charity through regular donations, direct marketing, and online appeals.
- Maintain and expand the current income generation, identifying new funding and pitching for new opportunities, as well as managing and building existing individual donors to ensure maximum value for the Charity
- Providing accurate timeline reports and forecasts
- Develop creative, relevant and engaging content for different audiences and channels working proactively with teams across the organisation to identify potential stories and relevant information
- Be responsible for delivering against budget
- Thanking supporters for their donations, reporting on impact and creating bespoke materials
- Working with teams to utilise CRM data to better target donors through a clear comms strategy. Managing and updating donor records via Chariteer (CRM)
- Liaising effectively with projects and partners as required and supporting the projects of the Fundraising Officer and Fundraising Manager as part of a supportive and collaborative team working towards a collective income generation strategy.
- Representing and promoting the Charity positively at external and internal functions as required
A full job description will be provided if you are shortlisted.
You will have;
- Content creation experience - marketing, social media and communications
- A successful track record in achieving targets / generating income / business development
- Understand different audiences, their needs and motivations. Interpret performance insights, make recommendations for improvement and apply them
- Work independently and manage a varied workload. Demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Work well under pressure and manage conflicting priorities. Manage multiple projects and deliver to a high standard
- Superb customer service skills with the ability to provide excellent supporter care
- A talent for building and nurturing great working relationships
- Experience of using CRM databases
- A flexible approach and positive outlook
- An engaging and inspiring individual
- Well organised with sound office skills
- Confident and skilled in all aspects of communication
- Good IT skills - particularly Microsoft Office, Canva or other design software
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Experience within a similar role, or the charity sector would be great, but if you think you have skills that would transfer we would love to hear from you!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **