Grants Officer (Part time, Charity)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £12.00 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH45865
Expiry date: 2023-10-11
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with a Charity Sector client, to recruit a part time (16hrs a week) Grants Officer for a temporary role until March 2024 based in Belfast.
The Client - This Charity Sector organisation is dedicated to delivering on improving environmental education in schools in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time.
The Role: Credible role will be assisting with grants issued by the organisation.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Promote government grant opportunities to potential applicants, including local organisations, nonprofits, and community groups.
- Assist applicants in preparing and submitting grant proposals, providing guidance on the application process, and required documentation.
- Review grant applications for completeness and adherence to grant guidelines.
- Assist finance team in administering grant funds, including tracking disbursements, monitoring project progress, and ensuring compliance with grant agreements.
- Maintain a grant calendar, tracking application deadlines, reporting requirements, and grant milestones.
- Prepare and submit timely reports to line manager, detailing grant distribution and project outcomes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for grant-related inquiries and communications.
- Provide guidance and support to grant recipients, including assisting with reporting and compliance requirements.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Two years' experience of in administering grants/financial administration.
- Have proficiency in the use of IT system packages, including two years using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to travel occasionally for site visits to project sites across Northern Ireland and must have own car with business insurance.
- Experience working in the Charity Sector.
- Experience of assisting through all stages of the grant lifecycle.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **