Grants Verifier, EOII (pub sector, hybrid Omagh OR Belfast)
Location: Omagh, County Tyrone
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £13.47 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH30584
Expiry date: 2022-08-03
Honeycomb is assisting a large public sector body to recruit for multiple Grade EOII EU Grants Verification Officers on a Temporary contract basis 12mths, Omagh or Belfast (hybrid).
The Client - This client operates across 3 sites regionally with the main Financial Control Unit situated in Omagh. Currently experiencing a growth phase as a result of a fantastic newly launched grants distribution platform.
The Role - Providing support to the Finance Manager; the main duties of this position involve implementing the first stage processes in respect of EU grant payments in accordance with EU and Member State regulations to approved projects.
Further duties will consist of but will not be limited to:
- To assist in checking and verification of financial claims from EU grant aided projects.
- Administrative reconciliation of financial records.
- Liaising with a wide range of organisations including public bodies and project promoters.
- Maintain the integrity and security of electronic and physical records..
- Process the verification for an allocated/specified case load
- Identification and recording of irregularities
- Data Processing
- Liaising with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- Monitor budgets, work packages and approve budget modifications when necessary for projects within case load.
- A minimum of 2 year's experience of administration or verification of grant claims, in accordance with approved procedures within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
- Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting financial data.
- Experience of collation and monitoring of non-financial information (drafting reports, etc.) and follow-up action as required.
- Experience in the use of IT for the purpose of audit, verification and / or financial reporting.
- Third level qualification.
- Experience of EU structural fund co-ordination/implementation.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery Manager, Temporary Division (Public & 3rd Sector) at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **