Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £20450.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34955
Expiry date: 2022-09-07
Honeycomb is delighted to be exclusively assisting our client, a Belfast-based charity that delivers a range of services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with the recruitment of an HR Administrator to support the busy Account Management team. The role is full time, fixed-term covering a 12-month period of maternity.
The HR Administrator will undertake secretarial tasks and provide direct administrative support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO and SMT rely heavily on the HR Administrator trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes of the post.
As an HR Administrator, you will often be the CEO's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the Organisation. A professional and pleasant manner is therefore central to the success of the position.
- Devising/maintaining office systems, including HR data management and filing
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Dealing with incoming email and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings
- Liaising with customers, supporters, suppliers and other staff
- Drafting Organisational documentation and policies with the support of our outsourced HR company for final approval by the CEO
- Communicating our policy and procedures to staff and dealing with basic ad hoc HR queries
- Attending disciplinary and grievance meetings to take comprehensive notes
- Tracking employee reviews, probation, sick leave and any other relevant employment requirements
- Drafting letters on behalf of the Senior Management Team
- Promoting our mental health wellbeing service
In addition to supporting the CEO, and their department, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities. The scope of the HR Administrator's role is fluid and additional duties may include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out specific projects and research
- Taking responsibility of specific events or programmes of work
- Working closely with other members of the senior management team
Passes in 5 GCSE subjects (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics AND experience in a secretarial, business or administrative role.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you'll need to show evidence of the following:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages including Microsoft Office
- A good command of the English language both verbal and written
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues and GDPR
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Honesty and reliability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
N.B. Although this is a business support role, you may encounter service users. It is essential that the successful candidate feels comfortable and is confident in engaging with vulnerable individuals.
Package & Benefits
- 30 days per annum including public holidays
- Development opportunities to progress within the organisation
- Free parking on site
- Access to kitchen and free meals
- Access to on site shower facilities
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and are present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **