Investigating Officer (Staff Officer, Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £32328.00 - £33000.00 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34432
Expiry date: 2022-08-14
Honeycomb is delighted to assist our public sector client with a temporary 'Investigating Officer, Staff Officer' campaign, Belfast (hybrid)
The Client: This public sector organisation provides a service with focus to mitigate possible systemic maladministration and/or systemic injustice by Northern Ireland Government departments which have been brought forward in concern via the public.
Currently in the process of going out externally for a permanent campaign, our client is currently seeking an applicably experienced candidate to come in and assist throughout an interim period of 3+ months. Please note that whist the successful temporary candidate is in post, they are eligible to apply for the permanent post.
The Role - Reporting to the Director of Investigations, the main duties of this assessment based post will encompass the following scope:
- Manage a caseload and other competing priorities while taking personal responsibility for completion of tasks and casework within the office KPIs and service quality standards;
- Become familiar with and remain informed and updated in relation to all relevant legislation, policy and procedures;
- Identify the relevant and proportionate lines of enquiry to be followed in assessing and/or investigating any issue/complaint that is allocated to him/her;
- Collate and analyse large volumes of data and information from a range of sources, and weigh and assess the evidence obtained in order to evaluate its systemic significance and impact;
- Develop and issue relevant enquiry letters, decision/resolution letters and survey/questionnaires/focus groups in accordance with the Ombudsman's operational procedures and quality standards;
- Prepare clear and concise evidence based briefings to Senior Investigating Officers in response to allocated investigation actions and research tasks;
- Draft and issue complex public reports in accordance with the Ombudsman's operational procedures and quality standards;
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent);
- Ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment and the ability to weigh up advice to draw evidence-based conclusions in handling complex issues in a sensitive and high-profile environment;
- Experience of dealing with large volumes of information and deciding on the salient points;
- Experience of drafting detailed written reports;
- Demonstrable understanding of the requirements of the role;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including the ability to manage a complex workload and competing priorities and to work under pressure to tight timescales;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and assimilate relevant facts and evidence and critically examine information and issues to arrive at well-reasoned and appropriate decisions.
- Identify and interpret relevant legislation, regulations or procedural requirements;
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Specialist Recruitment Consultant of Public & 3rd Sector, Temporary Division at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.