Investigating Officer (Staff Officer, Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £17.08 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH37412
Expiry date: 2023-09-15
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit an Investigating Officer, Staff Officer level for a temporary contract. Competitive package based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an independent body providing an impartial and free examination of complaints about a range of public services.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Director of Investigations. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assess and/or investigate complaints in accordance with the 2016 Act and operational procedures and standards of the Office.
- Manage a caseload and other competing priorities while taking personal responsibility for completion of tasks and casework within the office KPIs and service quality standards.
- Become familiar with and remain informed and updated in relation to all relevant legislation, policy, and procedures.
- Identify the relevant and proportionate lines of enquiry to be followed in assessing and/or investigating any issue/complaint that is allocated to him/her.
- Collate and analyse large volumes of data and information from a range of sources, and weigh and assess the evidence obtained to evaluate its systemic significance and impact.
- Interview parties to the investigation and witnesses as appropriate.
- Develop and issue relevant enquiry letters, decision/resolution letters and survey/questionnaires/focus groups in accordance with the organisation's operational procedures and quality standards.
- Prepare clear and concise evidence based briefings to Senior Investigating Officers in response to allocated investigation actions and research tasks.
- Draft and issue complex public reports in accordance with the organisation's operational procedures and quality standards.
- Proactively respond to issues and or challenges that arise from decisions reached.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) plus 2 years' relevant work experience in conducting investigations as part of your job role. Candidates who do not possess this qualification should have a minimum of 4 years' relevant work experience in conducting investigations as part of your job role.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use sound and balanced judgement to arrive at well-reasoned and appropriate decisions.
- Identify and interpret relevant legislation, codes and guidance, regulations or procedural requirements.
- Experience of writing detailed investigation reports in which you draw evidence-based conclusions and make recommendations.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including the ability to manage a significant and complex workload to meet tight timescales.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with robust challenge whilst showing appropriate empathy.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and effectively and capture all important facts and opinions in drafting detailed letters, reports, submissions and policy documents.
- Experience of carrying out challenging interviews to obtain/gather information.
- Knowledge of good investigative practices and approaches.
- Ability to utilise research techniques.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **