Junior Legal Secretary (Litigation)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Salary: Up to £21000.00 per annum
Contacts: Aoife Dowds-Gibson, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH34429
Expiry date: 2022-08-18
Honeycomb is delighted to be working in partnership with a long-standing, prestigious law firm based in Belfast City Centre in the recruitment of a Junior Litigation Legal Secretary. Within litigation, the firm specialises in areas such as employer's liability defence (corporate litigation), and medical negligence claims (personal litigation), among many more.
The Legal Secretary will fulfil duties which help facilitate the smooth running of day-to-day operations within the firm. They will be working in a small team of support staff to support the solicitors.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Managing diaries and organising meetings.
- Opening & closing case files.
- Transcribing and proofreading legal documents.
- Ensuring files are up to date and accurate.
- Transcribing from digital dictation.
- Filing, organising, and updating documents within specified time frames.
- Facilitating meeting updates and providing reminders.
- Answering phone calls and assisting clients.
- High levels of confidentially.
- General administrative duties.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties, as dictated by business needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in an administration role.
- Audio-typing experience is desirable.
- Someone with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise work as needed.
- Salary: £21,000
- Company Pension
Hours of Work:
- Typical hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, but the company is flexible with this.
- The company would accept someone looking for a 4-day working week (Salary prorated)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Aoife Dowds-Gibson, Sourcing Specialist at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
* Please note, that we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications at present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role.
** Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding.