Legal Secretary – East Belfast – Up to 28K (part time or full time)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Salary: £22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Contacts: Juliet Bakovljev, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH47830
Expiry date: 2023-12-15
Honeycomb is delighted to be supporting our client, a well-known, reputable law firm based in East Belfast, with the recruitment of a Legal Secretary. This is a full-time, permanent role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary with knowledge and experience of matrimonial and family law. You will be sensitive to the emotional nature of family law cases, as they often involve highly personal and emotionally charged issues. Strong organisational, communication, and research skills are essential in this role. This is a very busy office, so will be perfect for someone that thrives in this type of environment.
What's in it for you:-
- Salary range between £22 - £28K depending on experience.
- 9am - 5pm office hours
- Close to Stormont Park
- Assist in gathering basic information about clients and the nature of their legal issues
- Maintain regular communication with clients to schedule appointments, provide updates, relay messages from the solicitor, and gather necessary information
- Assist in drafting and preparing documents ensuring compliance with relevant laws
- Prepare and file documents for court proceedings, such as divorce filings, motions, and responses
- Manage the solicitor's diary, scheduling appointments, court dates, deadlines and procedural requirements
- Conduct legal research, supporting the solicitor in building strong cases, preparing legal documentation, and staying informed about relevant laws and regulations.
- Handle general administrative tasks such as photocopying, faxing, and mail distribution
- Coordinate service of process and document delivery to opposing parties
- Prepare materials for client meetings, depositions, hearings, and trials
- Transcribe dictated legal documents, correspondence, or recorded statements
- Answer and screen phone calls, taking messages or directing calls to the appropriate person
- 2+ years' experience of working in a similar role
- Current working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and digital dictation
- Top audio typing capability
- Proactive, professional can-do attitude with exceptional attention to detail and pride in work
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information and legal matters
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Juliet Bakovljev, Senior Legal Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050 or send your CV to Juliet.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **