Legal Secretary / Paralegal (Defence Litigation)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Salary: £22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Contacts: Aoife Dowds-Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH33851
Expiry date: 2022-07-25
Honeycomb is working in partnership with a prestigious law firm based in the heart of Belfast City Centre for the recruitment of a Defence Litigation Legal Secretary or Paralegal to assist their growing team. The role is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary. The client is ranked in Chambers UK (2022) as a leading firm who specialise in Defence Litigation and work across local, national, and international markets.
The Legal Secretary will support the Solicitors with a range of administrative work, mainly in the field of Defence Litigation. Typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the diary and organise meetings.
- Opening & closing case files.
- General administrative duties.
- Ability to audio type extremely accurately.
- Transcribe and proofread legal documents.
- Ensure files are up to date and accurate, with high attention to detail.
- File, organise, and update documents in a timely manner.
- Facilitate meeting updates and provide reminders.
- Answer phone calls and take precise notes.
- High levels of confidentially.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- At least 6 months of Litigation experience, Defence Litigation experience is desirable but not essential.
- Audio-typing experience required.
- £23k - £25k (Negotiable, depending on experience) with company benefits.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Aoife Dowds-Gibson, Sourcing Specialist at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
* Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications at present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role.
* Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding.