Legal Team Administrator/Secretary (Part time)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Salary: Up to £11.7 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH34663
Expiry date: 2022-08-29
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit a Legal Team Administrator/Secretary on an 8 month temporary contract. Competitive package based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an independent body providing an impartial and free examination of complaints about a range of public services.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Legal Officer. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- General ad hoc administrative duties when required. Managing and maintaining an electronic file management and manual filing system for Adjudications and other legal areas in accordance with GDPR requirements and the organisations policies.
- Providing effective and efficient diary management and Webex support.
- Providing administrative support for the Chair of the OA Legal Network.
- Taking confidential minutes, attending meetings, and providing legal event management support across a wide range of functions such as Adjudications, Legal Advice, Legal Meetings, Information Requests, and the OA Legal Network.
- Producing effective/confidential correspondence and document production via letters, emails and report writing as required.
- Developing and updating spreadsheets and databases as required.
- Responding to internal and external enquiries effectively.
- Arranging and supporting virtual video conferences/meetings via Webex and other technologies.
- Taking accurate and confidential minutes as required.
- Attending external meetings as required.
- Any other reasonable tasks within the post-holder's capacity.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 2 years' experience in providing Administrative Support in a private legal practice.
- Experience in diary management and minute taking.
- Experience dealing with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level competence in the use of IT packages, MS Suite.
- 5+ GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
- Shorthand and/or audio transcription qualification.
- A legal secretary qualification.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **