Location: Downpatrick, County Down
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £22000.00 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH36911
Expiry date: 2022-11-22
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting our client, a charity supporting adults with learning disabilities, with the recruitment of a Maintenance Administrator. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for a range of administrative work, with responsibility for maintenance and health and safety administration, post, banking and reception duties. The role is permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week), and office-based (09.00-17.00).
The role is based in the Charity's central office, located in Downpatrick, County Down. As a Maintenance Administrator you will be responsible for allocating and coordinating maintenance, repairs and health and safety work to the Maintenance Officer and external contractors. Your duties will cover the following areas: Reception, General & Maintenance Administration and Housekeeping.
- Working closely with the Maintenance Officer and external contractors - coordinating maintenance jobs/tasks e.g. repairs, general upkeep and groundwork.
- Liaise with health and safety external providers to ensure health and safety checks are complete within the agreed timeframes for all sites - e.g. fire checks, risk assessments, PAT testing etc.
- Manage the Maintenance Database
- Liaise with managers and other staff members to provide updates on maintenance work to be done
- Follow up with external contractors to ensure work is completed within the timescale
- Help staff obtain quotes/tenders
- Provide reception cover and be a point of contact for visitors
- Process incoming mail and distribute appropriately.
- Frank and record outgoing mail, ensuring it is posted daily in a timely manner
- Assist with general, HR and finance administration as required
- Housekeeping duties
*A full job description will be provided if shortlisted*
- Level 2 Qualification (desirable in Business & Administration) or equivalent with a recognised awarding body
- Previous experience in an office/ administrator role (at least 6 months)
- Good standard of education with strong competency in English and Maths
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team work ethos to work as part of a small, busy office team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work in a confidential and professional manner
- Strong IT skills in all Microsoft packages including Office 365, Teams, Excel and Word
- Able to use own initiative, manage own workload proactively
- Full Clean Driving licence and access to a vehicle to enable movement around our sites, banking duties and offsite appointments related to role.
- Experience working in a maintenance administrator position or handling maintenance-related queries and workload
- Salary of £22,000
- Free parking available onsite
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Training opportunities
- Access to private healthcare
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.