Office Administrator (Part time)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £10.98 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH42076
Expiry date: 2023-06-06
Honeycomb Jobs is recruiting on behalf of our 3rd sector client for a short-term temporary Office Administrator based in Belfast.
The Client - This client is an all-island sports organisation for people with an intellectual disability. Their staff and volunteers are dedicated to changing lives of people with an intellectual disability through Sport.
The Role - Responsible for the coordination and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure the day to day running of the administrative support functions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing post is managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain and reconcile all the day-to-day financial transactions and records for tight month end close-off using both excel files and a computerised accounting system.
- Maintain the financial documents.
- Assist with the preparation of Regional annual Budgets and Forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of month end accounts, to tight deadlines, to include bank reconciliations, query resolution, journal postings and variance analysis.
- Undertake the general administration tasks including day-to-day diaries, stationery supplies, filing, maintenance, and inventory of equipment.
- Assist in notifying all relevant personnel of planned meetings, to book meeting rooms and to record and distribute meeting minutes as requested by the Regional Staff.
- Implement standard procedures and use standardised documentation to ensure best practice is applied in the regional office.
- Assist in the coordination of reports and updating of plans as required by the Regional Director.
- Provide support, when necessary, to the regional office staff, consulting with the Regional Director, to prioritise the workload.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Relevant experience in a busy office environment with responsibility for administration systems and financial systems including file management.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting and dealing with correspondence and enquiries from the public and/or partner organisations.
- Ability to undertake work/ tasks involving a high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Databases.
- Highly adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself,
debar that person from being appointed to this post.
Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Specialist Recruitment Consultant in Temporary Division (Public & 3rd Sector) at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **