Operation Risk Manager
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Banking & Finance
Contacts: Evelyn Fraser, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH44251
Expiry date: 2023-08-11
Operations Risk Manager
Donegal Square West, Belfast / Hybrid Working
We have an opportunity for an Operational Risk Manager working across Danske Bank's Technology & Digital Development (T&DD) and Operations and teams on a temporary contract. This is a chance to make a real difference through the delivery of all first line of defence risk management activities across a portfolio of business units in T&DD and/or Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working as part of a team of risk managers to help guide colleagues through their risk responsibilities in an educational and supportive way. This will include agreeing mitigation strategies when needed to achieve optimum risk/reward balance within risk appetite.
As Operational Risk Manager you will:
- Ensure that the structures in place to provide centralised operational support for T&DD and Operations are working well, including: guidance and support on the resolution of incidents; advice and guidance on operational risk matters; the horizon scanning process; the review and testing of business continuity plans; quality of management information etc.
- Ensure that risk assessments (ORMS, Conduct Risk Assessment etc.) are fully maintained, so that all existing and potential risks that exist within the T&DD and Operations areas are identified, assessed and appropriately documented.
- Facilitate Risk Forums, and specific training sessions, to ensure that there is an appropriate level of knowledge across T&DD and Operations.
- Ensure the delivery, of the first line monitoring plan across T&DD and Operations to assess how effectively the risk plan is being implemented, assess adherence to/compliance with, the Bank's risk policy/procedures and effective use of all risk tools etc.
- Promote the management of the Outsourcing & Third party Risk Management framework and risk awareness.
- Work proactively across T&DD and Operations to ensure that risk frameworks are functioning correctly in order to ensure an appropriate control environment is maintained, and where appropriate make improvements.
- Promote the effective management of conduct risks.
WHAT SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS WILL YOU NEED?
- An understanding of risk management, and associated practices (e.g. IT security, data management etc.) demonstrated through current or previous roles.
- Experience of leading specific initiatives or projects.
- Ability to analyse data, identify trends and recommend solutions at all levels.
- Writing and articulating clear and concise reports, ideally with a risk insight.
- Working effectively and sharing best practice with colleagues with a strong customer and business focus.
- Experience of managing specific risks associated with digital products.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Knowledge of the operational and regulatory complexities impacting the business from strategic, operational and change perspectives.
- This is a full time temporary role at 35 hours per week.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Evelyn Fraser at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050