PA to CEO 6months+ public sector
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £13.52 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH38939
Expiry date: 2023-02-21
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit an EO2 Personal Secretary, temporary 6month contract with possible extension. Competitive package based in Belfast. This role is due to an internal secondment.
The Client - The organisation's objective is to help facilitate the positive impact of large funding programmes across the wider community in Northern Ireland, the Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland.
The Role: This credible position of the Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive, is required to provide a high quality, efficient, effective, confidential and professional administrative support service to the CEO and when required, the wider Senior Executive Management Team. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial service including managing internal and external correspondence to the Chief Executive.
- Handle all correspondence, both post and electronic mail, on behalf of the Chief Executive, responding as appropriate on their behalf.
- Manage the Chief Executive's diary including arranging appointments and meetings within guidelines, to ensure the effective use of time.
- Co-ordinate and organise meetings with external officials from both the public and private sector.
- Screen telephone calls, taking messages, referring calls, and answering routine queries as appropriate.
- Minute management meetings and other meetings as required and distribute minutes as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate senior management meetings and compile all necessary papers, agendas, and minutes of meetings.
- Ensure briefing documents and papers are prepared and proofed for the Chief Executive in advance of meetings/presentations.
- Manage all procurement of travel arrangements for the Chief Executive and Senior Executive Management Team as required, arranging travel, visas, and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the Chief Executive to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Draft letters and papers for the Chief Executive's approval.
- Produce reports, papers, proposals, letters, memos, or charts using Word, Excel or PowerPoint as required.
- Organise corporate hospitality for meetings and small events.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C which must include English and Maths or equivalent.
- RSA Stage II typing (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a Personal Assistant role at senior level.
- Excellent IT Skills, including use of ICT packages i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of diary management including arranging meetings and conferences.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines including completing tasks and projects on time and to a high standard.
- Previous experience in dealing with issues of confidentiality, data protection & security awareness.
- LCCI Executive Secretary's Diploma (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years' experience of working for a Chief Executive in a Personal Assistant's role.
- Experience of developing effective administration and support systems.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **