Personal Assistant, Craigavon (public sector)
Location: Craigavon, County Armagh
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £13.00 - £13.17 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34768
Expiry date: 2022-10-23
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with a large public sector organisation to recruit a Personal Assistant on a ongoing temporary basis. Competitive package based in Craigavon locality.
The Client - Operating across multiple sites and with corporate functionality throughout a range of services relative departments. The Strategic Director across the 'Community & Growth' dept is looking to appoint a suited Personal Assistant to support the corporate agenda. Ongoing post that will be reviewed for extension in March 2023.
Please note* - this role requires an application form to be completed - please enquire; further details disclosed throughout application.
The Role: This credible position will include but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Organising, managing and monitoring the diary of the Strategic Director on a daily basis and meeting regularly with them to discuss, prioritise and action diary commitments;
- Identifying and prioritising tasks on an ongoing basis, ensuring that there is sufficient time allocated for planning, preparation and strategic review of priorities;
- Acting as a first point of contact for incoming telephone calls;
- Providing cover in the absence of the Chief Executive's Personal Assistant
- Log, prioritise and track all correspondence, draft responses and general correspondence, where appropriate, including that of a highly confidential and sensitive nature, update senior officers and bring important issues and target dates to their attention
- Develop and maintain accurate and effective records and systems relevant to the work of the Directorate/Department and ensure files/documents are held and maintained in line with the organisational Retention and Disposal
- Undertake research/obtain information and draft reports on behalf of the Director/Executive Officer as required.
- Schedule and organise meetings of the Executive Management Team. This includes providing a comprehensive administrative service for meetings, organising venues and catering, ensuring officers are equipped, briefed and made aware of any pertinent issues, compiling agendas and papers, attending meetings and preparing minutes/action sheets.
- Manage the compilation and preparation of Committee and Executive Management Team papers, ensuring their submission in a timely manner to the required standard.
- Operate the Purchase Ordering System in line with the Council's Financial Regulations, Procurement Policy and other relevant policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintain records and assist with the analysis of financial reports, reconcile financial data and assist with recording and receipt of all monies, including credit card payments and verification of expenditure in accordance with financial
- Co-ordinate and compile Freedom of Information responses and Corporate Complaints responses on behalf of the Department/Directorate, ensuring that FOi obligations and Complaints Procedure requirements are
The Person: As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 2years' experience of providing high-quality PA administrative support to senior management to include:
- Diverse administration duties;
- Drafting of documents including correspondence and reports;
- Working with senior officers;
- Diary management;
- Organisation of meetings;
- Minute-taking and production of minutes;
- Preparation and dissemination of meeting papers and follow through actions;
- High level competence in the use of IT packages, MS Suite.
- 5+ GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
A relevant 3rd level qualification OR
OCR Level 2 Award in Text Processing /Business Professional/ Text Processing and Word Processing/ or OCR/RSA Stage 11 Typewriting/Word Processing (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **