Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant (Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £11.29 - £14.00 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH43318
Expiry date: 2023-07-10
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with a public sector client, to recruit for a temporary to permanent Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant to CEO based in Belfast.
The Client - This organisation is the centre of information on accommodation, visitor attractions, tours, events and transport within Belfast and Northern Ireland.
The Role: To coordinate and deliver a range of administrative support services for the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team. Reports to the Chief Executive.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Ensure that the work of the Chief Executive's office is organised, supervised, and monitored, including establishing and maintaining an appropriate filing and record system for the Chief Executive and wider organisation, both manually and using appropriate software, archiving company data, and ensuring its easy retrieval.
- Manage the Chief Executive's diary.
- Organise and coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the Chief Executive and Directors, including scheduling appointments, liaising with attendees, booking venues, preparing agendas, minuting meetings, following up on actions.
- Make travel arrangements and manage the expenses of the Chief Executive, including sourcing and booking flights and accommodation, arranging currency, obtaining visas, preparing travel documents and schedules.
- Assist the Chief Executive and Directors in the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Handle communications on behalf of the Chief Executive: greeting visitors, receiving, prioritising, and actioning the Chief Executive's telephone calls, mail, and emails, redirecting as appropriate and responding confidentially and professionally in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with other departments, drafting staff memos and communications to be issued by the Chief Executive and assist in the organisation of staff briefings and events.
- Coordinating and attending weekly SMT meetings, drafting and circulating agendas and ensuring actions points are delivered.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Directors to coordinate the business planning process, ensuring the timely development of plans for approval by the Board.
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation of reports and presentations for the Chief Executive, Directors and the Board, its committees, key stakeholders, and corporate partners.
- Attendance at Board and committee meetings, ensuring that Board and Committee decisions are properly recorded and ensuring actions are implemented.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 5 GCSE Grades A - C or equivalent qualifications including Maths and English Language.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a similar role.
- Experience of diary management, and planning and organising meetings.
- Proven experience in the use of all Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of servicing Board meetings and writing minutes.
- Experience of producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining filing systems.
- Experience of making travel arrangements.
- Flexibility and availability to work outside normal office hours as required.
- IT qualification i.e. ECDL, RSA/OCR Word processing Stage III and proven experience in the use of all Microsoft applications.
- Appropriate PA or administration management qualification/s and/or relevant further education qualifications or professional memberships.
- Previous experience of providing administrative support at Chief Executive/Board/Director Level.
- Office/Facilities management experience.
- Experience of HR and personnel administration.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **