Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant (Public Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £15.20 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH47804
Expiry date: 2023-12-14
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be working with our arm's length public sector client, to recruit a temporary Personal Assistant to the CEO, at EOI level based in Belfast.
The Client - This arm's length Public Sector organisation is situated in the Belfast City Centre catchment area.
The Role: to provide an effective, proficient, and confidential administrative and secretarial support service to the Chief Executive.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Set up, manage, and maintain an effective filing system for the CEO.
- To ensure all internal and external correspondence, documents and reports used by the CEO are appropriately filed.
- Manage the Chief Executive's diary including arranging appointments and meetings within guidelines, to ensure the effective use of time.
- Co-ordinate the Chief Executive's attendance at activities to ensure optimum use of time.
- Undertake a recording Secretarial /Minute taker role at Board and CEO meetings.
- Managing incoming telephone calls directed to the CEO, taking messages, referring calls and answering routine queries as required.
- Handling all correspondence, both post and electronic mail, on behalf of the CEO, responding as appropriate on their behalf.
- Organise, process and prioritise/refer post.
- Liaise externally and internally to the organisation, at all levels particularly senior, on the Chief Executive's behalf.
- Undertake secretarial duties for the Board.
- Draft letters and papers for the Chief Executive's approval.
- Produce reports, papers, proposals, letters, memos, or charts using Word, Excel or PowerPoint as required.
- Minute management meetings and other meetings as required and distribute minutes as appropriate.
- Undertake ad hoc duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
- Ad-hoc projects as required by the Chief Executive, Board, Executive and other Agency departments including, Education, Grants, Finance and Marketing.
The Person -
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths & English Grade C or above or (Equivalent).
- Three years' experience of diary management including organising meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Three years' experience communicating with a variety of audiences both orally and in writing.
- Have proficiency in the use of IT systems e.g. Microsoft Office suite.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **