Personal Assistant (Public Sector, temporary)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £18.52 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH48150
Expiry date: 2023-12-27
Honeycomb Jobs is delighted to be assisting a large public sector client with the immediate uptake of an experienced Personal Assistant to Director level in a temporary capacity based in Belfast.
The Client: This organisation operates across a large remit and therefore many specialist departments within the Belfast catchment area.
The Role: To be responsible to the appropriate director for the provision of the full range of PA/Secretarial duties, for example, arranging appointments, filing, typing, shorthand, audio typing, photocopying, and other relevant duties.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- To compose and type confidential letters, reports, etc either on his or her own initiative or in accordance with general or specific directions, or as prepared or dictated by the director, for example, legal opinions, reports, presentation of briefs for counsel or consultants for signature by the director or senior staff as required.
- To open all private and confidential mail sent to the director and department mail as required.
- To arrange appointments and meetings, taking messages and arranging interviews. In the absence of the director, meeting with callers asking to see him or her.
- To assist with the preparation of committee and sub-committee reports within the deadlines involved.
- To maintain the personal filing system for the director and also maintain the director's diary of appointments.
- To filter telephone calls received by the director and make calls as required on behalf of the director.
- To organise and book travel and accommodation arrangements for director, council members, heads of service, business support managers and departmental officers attending conferences and meetings.
- To service the meetings of the department's management team and other meetings chaired by the director, or heads of service, inclusive of taking shorthand and audio notes and preparing draft minutes and other relevant documents.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Applicants must have RSA Stage III Work Processing/Typing and RSA Stage III Audio Transcription or equivalent qualifications.
- Additional qualifications, for example, Shorthand (RSA stage III or equivalent) or secretarial qualifications will be an advantage.
- Recent relevant experience in a secretarial capacity.
- Good computer skills including the effective use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation packages or other computer software.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **