Policy and Research Officer
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Salary: £25000.00 - £29000.00 per annum
Contacts: Juliet Bakovljev, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH46183
Expiry date: 2023-10-31
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting a prestigious legal establishment to secure a Policy and Research Officer. This is a full time, permanent role based in their beautiful offices in Belfast City Centre.
Our client is a leading provider of advocacy, legal opinion and dispute resolution, supporting legal professionals and clients in navigating through complex legal cases. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that has a strong interest in the criminal justice system, and that would flourish in a dynamic and diverse role. This position offers excitement, stability, longevity and professional growth.
DEADLINE:- 5.00pm on the 11th October 2023
- 25K - 29K per annum, dependant on experience.
- 35 days annual leave.
- Attractive pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Hybrid working policy.
An essential institution that provides resources, support, and representation for barristers, ensuring the legal profession's integrity and effectiveness in serving the Northern Irish legal system.
As the Policy and Communications Officer, you will be responsible for developing, communicating, and implementing policies in a legal context while effectively engaging with internal and external stakeholders. This role bridges the gap between legal expertise and clear communication to ensure the organisation's legal initiatives are well-understood and effectively promoted. The key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting legal research and analysis to contribute to the development of policies and legal strategies.
- Evaluating the impact of legislative changes and court decisions on the organisation.
- Developing and executing communication strategies for legal policies and initiatives.
- Translating complex legal concepts into clear and concise messaging for various stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal teams, legal professionals, regulatory bodies, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborating with legal experts to gather insights and ensure alignment between policy and practice.
- Preparing legal documents, briefs, and summaries related to policy matters.
- Reviewing legal documents for accuracy and clarity in communication.
- Contributing to external legal policy positions.
- Contribution to the planning and delivery of legal seminars and conferences to promote legal discussion and engage stakeholders.
- Ensuring legal communications adhere to ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing regular reports on legal policy and communication activities and outcomes.
This role involves a combination of policy analysis, development, and communication skills. To be considered for this role you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in law or a related field (e.g., Political Science, Communications, Public Policy).
- Previous experience in policy analysis, advocacy, or communications is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A clear understanding of legal terminology would be an asset.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Proficiency in using communication and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organisation's mission and values.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Juliet Bakovljev at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs.