Policy Officer (Part time, Permanent)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £18426.00 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34473
Expiry date: 2022-08-21
Honeycomb is partnering exclusively with Pharmacy Forum NI in the uptake of a Part-time Permanent 'Policy Officer' to support the Leadership body and it's Board. Excellent role & benefits.
The Client: Pharmacy Forum NI is the professional leadership body for all pharmacists registered to practise in Northern Ireland. Members play a vital role in delivering safe, high quality and sustainable health and social care services.
The Role - Reporting to the Pharmacy Forum Manager, this impressive 3 day per week post (£30,333 FTE under review) comes with a wealth of benefits and allows opportunity for the successful postholder to bring autonomy and contribute to emphatic outcomes with regards to the public affairs and communication activities. Further details/benefits disclosed throughout application.
The premise of the post will include but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Play a pivotal role to coordinate public policy activity whilst ensuring that positions and messages are developed and communicated internally and externally in line with the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Successfully assist in enhancing the profile and influence of the Pharmacy Forum across Northern Ireland and beyond.
- Effective support and facilitation of the activity of the Policy and Practice Committee of the Pharmacy Forum and any other relevant committee.
- Efficient co-ordination of relevant public consultations for, or responses on behalf of, the Pharmacy
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to either conduct or commission research to inform activities of the Forum Board.
- Proactively develop relationships with relevant stakeholders to keep informed of recent health policy developments as well as raising the organisation's external
- Successful management of relationships with relevant media sources including press releases and management of press engagement.
- Education - Relevant degree or equivalent
- Previous experience of policy co-ordination and development including liaison with political structures
- Previous experience of developing or responding to consultations
- Good administration and research skills
- Experience of project management
- Evidence successful media management and compilation of press releases (e.g. Twitter account)
- Experience of working with Boards and Committees
- Experience of work in a social care or health-providing organisation
- Knowledge and experience of the Northern Ireland political system and/or UK Health Policy
- Some experience in event management and planning
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.