Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Banking & Finance
Salary: £40000 - £50000.00 per annum
Contacts: Evelyn Fraser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH48056
Expiry date: 2023-12-25
Portfolio Manager, Belfast City Centre Based
Our client is a leading Direct Provider of Development, Bridge, Agricultural, and SME lending solutions for borrowers in the UK and Ireland. They hold a proven track record with both borrowers and brokers attests to our ability to deliver and close transactions within desired time lines, even those that do not conform to the credit policies of conventional high street lenders. With extensive experience spanning various sectors, their loans are primarily secured by land and property, ensuring a solid foundation for their financing solutions.
About the role
We are seeking a self-starter with experience managing a portfolio of existing borrowers, confident in their ability to monitor credit risk profiles and quality monitor. You will report to the Head of Business Development, supporting the on boarding of new borrowers and managing third party professional firms undertaking due diligence. The role will also entail cross functional working with the wider team to support growth plans, and to ensure monitoring and reporting is accurate. Please note this is an on site position, and your main location will be Belfast City Centre.
- Prepare business lending proposals in line with credit policy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with credit process, policy, and procedure.
- Monitor and manage credit risk within the portfolio via regular interaction with borrowers and their appointed intermediaries.
- Recommend actions on accounts in arrears / forbearance / default.
- Prepare and maintain lending documentation.
- Prepare documents for monthly board meetings.
- Full clean UK Driving license with access to a vehicle.
- IT literate
- 5+ years commercial or business banking experience principally to include portfolio management.
- 3rd level degree in a related discipline.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs.
- £40-50k FTE dependent on experience
- Health care and pension contribution
- 28-35 hours per week requirement
- Modern City Based Office