Procurement Assistant – Bangor, Co. Down (Public Sector)
Location: Bangor, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £15.00 - £15.15 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH47777
Expiry date: 2023-12-14
Honeycomb is delighted to be partnering with a large local government public sector organisation across a current opening for a Temporary- ongoing Procurement Assistant. Situated in Bangor, Co. Down
The Client - This local Government oriented large organisation operates with an extensive procurement functionality. Aligned closely with governance (policy reviewal) & financial oversight - a critical team with current openings.
The Role - To assist the Procurement Officer & Manager in the provision of procurement support across the organisation; including: undertaking tender competitions and providing support to Officers at all stages of the tendering process from initiation meeting with client to award. Additionally, contract management within the constraints of UK procurement regulations. Duties would include but not be limited to:
- To assist with the monitoring of contract management procedures to review, identify and pursue efficiencies including review of spend information as required.
- To assist with the monitoring of all deviation from the procurement policy to review, identify and pursue efficiencies, including assisting with review of local procedures.
- Managing contract initiation process and apply quality assurance procedures.
- Assisting/shadowing the Procurement Officer with quotation and tendering process and assisting with the drafting of quotations and tender documentation including evaluation reports.
- Use of eProcurement platform to include issuing of tenders, system administration, updating and clarification management.
- To help raise procurement awareness across the organisation and co-ordinate the provision of procurement training, support and advice to departments as required.
- Monitor the implementation of new contracts including contract management with both Officers and suppliers and reporting to the Procurement Officer on performance.
- Provide technical support to Officers and to provide tender support as required by the Procurement Officer including section and contract administration.
- Comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with internal policies and legal requirement.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
The Person -
- 2 GCE A-levels or equivalent
- One year's relevant experience of working in a procurement or purchasing function.
- ICT Skills
- Ability to meet high standards of quality and professionalism in performance and communicate effectively
- A proven ability to organise priorities and work to deadlines
- Be proactive and self-motivated and have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships to enhance performance.
- Awareness of relevant UK Procurement legislation
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply qualification
- Experience in the use of eProcurement
- Assisting with the preparation and issue of tender documentation, providing advice and guidance on all stages of the procurement process and contract management
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Head of Public & 3rd Sector at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving a high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **