Programme Officer (Public Sector, Grade SO)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £16.74 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH35571
Expiry date: 2022-09-30
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with a Public Sector client, to recruit a Programme Officer for a 3 month temporary role based in Belfast.
The Client - The organisation's objective is to help facilitate the positive impact of large funding programmes across the wider community in Northern Ireland, the Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland.
The Role - Is to manage the mobilisation, implementation and monitoring of a wide portfolio of projects for which the organisation is responsible. The individual would be the point of contact for projects with the aim to monitor and evaluate their progress. This role would report into the Programme Manager. This is a full-time, temporary position for 3 months initially. Working hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours per week) with a salary of £32,328 per annum.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of projects funded by the programmes and monitoring progress in implementation.
- Assist in the provision of a secretariat function to the steering committees.
- Assist in the development of programme procedures.
- Draft contracts for projects.
- Drafting submissions, papers and reports on major themes/areas of discussion as directed.
- Preparing governance papers and reports for presentation.
- Oversee the work of Support Staff.
- Maybe required to travel between project sites.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Experience of contributing to the operational planning process within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
- Experience in drafting reports.
- Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting financial data.
- Experience in review of non-financial information.
- Good technical skills with previous experience in using spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in Project Management, including establishing, monitoring and verification of outputs.
- 5 GCSE Grades A - C or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English Language
- Management of EU Structural Funds.
- Experience in the operation of databases.
- Extensive Programme or Project Management experience.
- Project management training qualification.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **