Programme Officer (Staff Officer, Public Sector)
Location: Omagh, County Tyrone
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £16.74 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH39259
Expiry date: 2023-02-27
Honeycomb is delighted to assist our public sector client with a Staff Officer Grade - Programme Officer campaign based in the Omagh catchment area.
The Client - an exciting time for this client who operate regionally throughout NI and align in partnership with cross-border governance with regards the distribution of a newly sanctioned large scale grants distribution agenda. Throughout the wider departments - there is a continual demand in long term agency contract resources as to support the provision of grants & programmes moving forward.
The Role - reporting to the Programme Manager throughout the Joint Secretariat, the successfully appointed Programme Officer will be assigned to a full-time, temporary position for 9 to 12 months and hybrid dependant on business needs (3 Office/ 2 Home). Working hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours per week). Hourly rate, salary equivalent of £32,328 per annum
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of projects funded by the programmes, monitoring progress in implementation.
- Assist in the provision of a secretariat function to the steering committees.
- Assess applications for Steering Committee, providing expert review and ensuring clear written recommendations are presented for consideration.
- To assist in the development of programme procedures.
- Draft contracts for projects.
- To ensure robust monitoring of project implementation including progress and verification of project outputs.
- Attend meetings, events, and seminars to represent the organisation as requested.
- To develop a network of contacts within key stakeholders.
- To assist in implementation functions of current programmes.
- Drafting submissions, papers, and reports on major themes/areas of discussion as directed.
- Preparing governance papers and reports for presentation.
- Visit and monitor projects on site and via an electronic management system.
- Oversee the work of Support Staff.
- Liaise with the Personnel Officer to co-ordinate the planning, arranging, and recording of training for staff.
- Carry out staff appraisals in liaison with the Personnel Officer.
- Liaise with the public and key community and business figures as necessary.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C which must include English and Maths or equivalent.
- Experience of contributing to the operational planning process within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
- Experience in drafting reports.
- Experience in working with, understanding, and interpreting financial data.
- Experience in review of non-financial information (reports etc) and follow-up action as required.
- Good technical skills with previous experience in IT financial systems such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in Project Management, including establishing, monitoring and verification of outputs.
- Ability to travel between sites will be required.
- A third level qualification.
- Management of EU Structural Funds.
- Experience in the operation of databases.
- Extensive Programme or Project Management experience
- Project management training qualification
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **